The 15 Essentials for Your Everyday Carry Backpack
If you want to be prepared for anything at any time you need all the essentials close by. An EDC pack meets that need, but what should you have?
If you're like most people, you probably use a backpack every day. But what should you put in an EDC backpack? Here are 15 things that we think are essential for your everyday carry backpack!
- A water bottle: Staying hydrated is important, especially if you're on the go! Make sure to put a water bottle in your backpack so you can stay hydrated throughout the day.
- An extra set of clothes: You never know when you might need an extra set of clothes. Whether it's because you got caught in the rain or you spilled coffee on yourself, it's always good to be prepared!
- A snack: Hunger strike at 3pm? Having some snacks in your backpack will help tide you over until you can get a proper meal. Plus, it'll help you save some money too!
- Your charger: Keep your devices charged and ready to go with a portable charger. This way, you'll never have to worry about running out of battery when you need it the most.
- A book: Sometimes, you just need a break from technology. Throw a book into your backpack so you can relax and unwind without looking at a screen all day.
- A first-aid kit: Accidents happen, so it's always good to be prepared! A small first-aid kit with band-aids, antiseptic wipes, and pain relievers will help you deal with minor injuries while on the go.
- A pen and paper: You never know when inspiration will strike! Having a pen and paper on hand will help you capture those brilliant ideas before they're gone forever.
- An umbrella: As the saying goes, "better safe than sorry!" Bring an umbrella with you so you can stay dry during unexpected rain showers.
- Your ID and cash: These are two things that you should always have on hand, just in case! If you lose your wallet or your phone dies, having your ID and cash will help ensure that you can get back home safely.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes from the sun's harmful rays with a pair of sunglasses. Plus, they'll help keep you from squinting all day long!
- Sunscreen: Along with sunglasses, sunscreen is essential for protecting yourself from the sun's harmful rays. Make sure to put some sunscreen in your backpack so you can reapply throughout the day as needed
- A hat: Sometimes, sunglasses just aren't enough. If it's particularly sunny out, throw on a hat to keep the sun out of your eyes.
- Insect repellent: Nothing ruins a nice hike like being covered in bugs! Spritz some insect repellent in your backpack to keep those pesky critters away
- Baby wipes: Baby wipes are versatile and come in handy more often than you'd think! From cleaning up spills to freshening up your face, they're always good to have around
- A flashlight: You never know when power might go out or when night might fall unexpectedly! Having a flashlight on hand will help you find your way in the dark.
These are just a few of the things that we think are essential for your everyday carry backpack! What else would YOU add to the list?
If you liked this content learn more about EDC backpacks below: